Thursday, September 22, 2011

Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?

As a guy I don't like to change diapers and I am not obssessed with babies like women usually are. My fiancee loves holding them and talking about them which I think is great because that is healthy for women since they are supposed to have the maternal instinct. Well, she told me if we had a baby she would want me to change the diapers 30 % of the time and that is if she was on maternity leave! I laughed and told her she had lost her mind (figuratively speaking). I want to know how others would see me if I didn't change diapers at all. In my mind it is no big deal and I think most would think it would be wrong if the woman didn't change the diapers. Yes, I agree that maybe if she is sick I could do it but 30% of the time?!?! Guys aren't made for that and it is frustrating work for us and we don't like it (atleast normal guys) whereas its easy for women who grew up with baby dolls and have motherly instincts. Also, am I wrong for telling my fiancee she was out of her mind?Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
UHH I don't like it when woman do this, tell your finance that there are a million single woman out there who would DIE to just have someone in the house to support them. I took care of 2 babies alone and worked full time. I would have given anything for their father to just CARE.

My current husband and I are having a baby and if he never wants to change a diaper then so be it. Who really cares? I think as long as you are their for your wife emotionally, and you do what you can to help, while loving your child. You are a great DAD.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
It's not like women enjoy smelling stinky poop either. Grow up.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
hahaha,

well i think you should at least take part in your childs care...Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
No I would not, my husband rarely changes diapers. I do it better anyway! So I dont care. They aren't mommy's. There is NOTHING like a mom.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
You will feel differently once you have your own child.



No one really likes it but when you see your baby needs something, you just do it. It's automatic and completely natural to take care of your child's needs. It has nothing to do with dolls.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
YOu insulted her so yes it was rude.



You are out of your mind. If your not ready to change diapers then your not ready for sex.



Raising kids and everything it entails is a 50/50 job. It doesn't matter if shes a stay at home mom (which means it's her job, but she needs a break just like you do when you get off work) or a working mom (in which case everything should be split 50-50). It's a team effort and your not being a team player.



Get over your macho ego that it's below you because that's hogwash. Man up and do your part.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Apparently this is the norm for men. My dad never changed a diaper and he had 7 kids. My husband changes more diapers than I do and people are in such awe that he does this. So you not wanting to change diapers in within the norm for most men. I dont agree with it though. Whats gonna happen if your wife goes shopping and your child needs a change are you gonna lelt him fester in it? I think if you have a good paternal instinct and you really love your child, your gonna relish in your childs diaper changes, no matter how disgusting.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Ah, yes you were out of your mind to say this. Men use to be like you, now modern men do help with the baby more and more. Some even stay home and care for their babies day to day. You will love your baby and may be just fine with doing it after you meet the little boy/girl. Your soon to be wife will need your help. Now is the time to talk over these issues, before marriage.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Yes I think that you are wrong for telling your wife she is out of her mind. Yes women are usually the ones who do spend more time with the baby as it is for mother's instincts, but what you said Guys aren't made for that and it is frustrating work for us and we don't like it (at least normal guys) is a bunch of bull. I don't know if your dad put that in your mind, but a real man takes care of his responsibilities. Last time I heard kids are a huge responsibilities and parents (both parents) helped in the creation of that child. I don't think you should complain about the 30% at all being that she is willing to do the other 70%. Maybe you should be grateful that she is not making you do the 70%. You should always want to be involved in every aspect of your child's life. So please live in the Millennium where both parents take care of a child. If you can't accept that then maybe you shouldn't have kids. Overall just remember this if you can wipe your a$$ then you can wipe your kids a$$. Its not frustrating when you do it to yourself so stop complaining.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Yes, you're wrong.



Women do have a maternal instinct but what makes you think we want to handle human urine and poop? %26quot;Guys aren't made for that%26quot;. Really, you don't have opposable thumbs and you can't handle a diaper? You are pretty selfish. You helped make the baby and you don't want to help with its care? If your wife is at the grocery store and your son has a blow out you're just going let him sit in a puddle of his own feces and wait for your wife to get home because only women should have to change diapers? You definitely aren't ready to be a father and I hope your fiance sees that.



I don't have any kids yet but I expect my husband to do everything to help care for the baby that I do...50/50 (except the breastfeeding). We plan for me to stay home with the children and if my husband isn't willing to help out and give me a break once he's home I know it'll cause huge conflicts in our house. Women don't like changing poopy diapers any more than men do. Suck it up.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
who changes the diapers is going to be the least of your worries. my husband and i have 3 kids and he has probably changed about 400 diapers. i dont care though, i need him to do other things that are more important.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
What do you think single dads do?



Maternal instinct has nothing to do with cleaning poop. Maternal instinct has to do with bonding.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
And that is why you kids will always take their mom over you.



Changing diappers, given them, a bath, rocking them to sleep and doing %26quot;%26quot;mommy stuff%26quot;%26quot; with them is part of what you need to do to create a bond with your daughter/son. Women have create that bond when they are expecting, we men have to work our butts off to create that bond.Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
OMG aren't you the same guy about the dishes? DUUUUUUDE get over your self! This is not the 50's!! There is a name for men like you! Have you ever heard of a male chauvinist pig? Look in the mirror, that's what you are! NO it's not ALL the woman's responsibility!!Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Oh yeah you are completely right. Women LOVE frustrating work and disgusting diapers. Go ahead tell her you will never change a diaper. She'll tell you to have fun with your hand because you'll never get any.



If you love your wife and your child then you will help her out no matter how much you don't like it. Man up!Would you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Gee where do I start. You are the one out of your mind, and YES I am a guy. A Guy who changed more diapers than my wife and that's not bragging. She gave birth and she nursed, it was the least I could do.

Now my last baby is off to collage this fall, and she is still Daddy's little girl.

And if you are wondering if I might be one of those girly men....Well I built my own home, hunt Rushen Boar with a pistol and big game hunt.

And that's not what makes me tough . Its any guy that would mistreat one of my Daughters.

Mothers might be good at it because so many men are lazy. Get off your A** and be a man. I can still change a diaper, give a bath and cook a four coarse meal after a 8hr day.

Why do woman put up with BOYS when they are looking for men ?



jpWould you think bad of a married man who did not change diapers but had his wife do it all the time?
Seriously dude...you helped make the baby...it's just as much yours as it is hers. You should change the diapers 50 % of the time. Be a man.