Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?

I'm doing a favor for a friend tomorrow who needed a last minute babysitter even though I don't normally do that stuff. He is a 2 year old and he still is in diapers and I'm afraid the kid will freak out when a big man who is a stranger puts him down for a diaper change.



I just know if I was a toddler and some strange man started touching me there I'd scream for my mom.



I have changed a couple in my life before on rare occasions so I know how to do it, but I'm afraid it is going to turn into a war.How do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?
Ok man, you can do this. Ask his mom what his favorite show is and have that on the majority of the time she is gone. It should distract him enough. Maybe give his a sippy cup too so that he has something to do with his hands and mouth while you are changing him. If he is on the floor than don't really move him, just change him where he is. Get a pillow and put it under his head, make sure he can see the tv while you are changing him and make sure he has a sippy cup in arm's reach and a toy as well for the other hand. Make it quick but also maybe talk to him a little while you are changing him. Introduce yourself, say your name what explain what you are doing and why. Talk about the tv characters. Make sure to be friendly and distracting and you should be cool.How do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?
I don't know why you were asked in the first place(nothing against you),,

Usually a parent tries to get someone that is comfortable feeding,changing and interacting with an infant...You very well may run into an uncooperative crying child.....Good LuckHow do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?
Unless the little fella has a reason to freak out when you change his diaper, there shouldnt be a problem. He isnt old enough to watch (and understand) the news where all we see lately is reports about child molestors. I'm not saying you are one. Lol. But, 2 year olds can be a handful when it comes to diaper changing. They dont wanna keep still for 10 seconds at that age. Have fun.How do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?
as Winne the pooh would say %26quot; you never know with bees%26quot; well you'll never really know till you get there .you need to relax he might be able to smell your fear or def-no relational fix on you like you said so be his buddy win his friendship-like him fast and first bring him something to break the ice .He might end up asking for you back,be a friend./protector- oh, p.s mine hated the changing tables %26quot;HATED%26quot; bring a changing blanket he knows and something for pillow.outside is always nice.Private .boy one thing after anthr,look dont be in a rush to change him he's not an infant he does'ent mind poop ,but it cant stay too long dont make it in to a big deal give him good words ask ma for tips.be relaxed love him as a friend he may object but still like you .How do I get a kid to not freak out when I change his diaper?
Just talk to him and get to know him once you step through the door. Surely you'll have time to get to know the kid before he needs his diaper changed. Just be friendly and talk to the kid and let him know you're trust worthy.