Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you care for a new baby and a sick 3-yr-old at the same time?

My 3-yr-old daughter has a stomach virus; the throwing-up kind. I also have a 6-wk-old baby boy (he's not sick thank goodness) to care for. My husband leaves for work at 3 this afternoon and won't get off till midnight. I am completely overwhelmed. How am I supposed to care for both kids--nurse, hold a %26quot;puke%26quot; pan, clean up messes, change diapers, comfort the sick one, etc. all at once? Please help.How do you care for a new baby and a sick 3-yr-old at the same time?
Trust me... you will figure it all out when needed. Motherly instincts is what I call it. I know it seems quite overwhelming right now, but just take a deep breath, let it out slowly, count to ten and just do what needs to be done.



Good luck and I hope your daughter gets better soon!How do you care for a new baby and a sick 3-yr-old at the same time?
Yep I went through this about 2 months ago, my 17 month old (then 15 months) had a stomach virus just like that and my 3 month old (then 1 month old), who was super fussy and colicky and screamed all day, had to be cared for. Then me and my husband got the virus so I was sick on top of it all.



It was AWFUL. Somehow you just have to go through the motions and get through it. I don't know how I did it but if I could do it, you can too.



Amazingly my younger one never got it , THANK GOODNESS!