Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A question about a diaper rash?

My son has to go to the pedi today just to see if he has a ear infection I doubt it but you never know anyway no matter how much diaper rash creme I use or baby powder I use or bare butt I give him I even changed diaper wipes every brand and even diapers its still there its just red no bumps or anything and its around his anus should I ask them or be worried?A question about a diaper rash?
If you are going to the Dr anyway definitely ask. It doesn't sound normal it may be an allergic reaction to something else like food (my son's butt turns bright red when he has watermelon, it is mostly water and I really have no idea why but I no longer let him have it)A question about a diaper rash?
I would ask the doc. If you are breastfeeding it might actually be a yeast infection. Baby boys and girls get it and you'll need a different cream that the doc can prescribe. If it is yeast, the diaper rash creams will not do anything for it.A question about a diaper rash?
dont bring it up to the doctor. just be really worried about it.A question about a diaper rash?
I have never used baby powder on my babies. It can clog their pores. You can use A %26amp; D ointment to prevent the rash %26amp; then Desitin {the original goopy white cream works best} to help the rash.



Let your baby go diaperless, possibly every 30 min after a diaper change, to allow the rash to breathe.



Just ask the pediatrician. They are there to ask advice. There are no stupid questions. The only stupid people are the ones who refuse to ask a question.



Hope your baby gets better soon!A question about a diaper rash?
I would ask the doctor, but also here are some ideas...



It could be fungal. Fungus tends to grow in warm wet places and that's exactly what you got in a diaper area. In the section of the store for foot creams and such, you should be able to find some kind of antifungal powder. If it says for athletes foot, that's it because that's fungal too. It's safe. Sprinkle some on baby's butt. This is very common cause of rashes that regular cream won't cure.



It could be that he's in a wet diaper too long. Disposables tend to absorb too much sometimes and then you don't realize and change them fast enough and the ammonia in the urine can irritate. That would be all over more though.



If you are breastfeeding, it could be something you are eating. A little red ring around the anus can be an allergy ring. My older son got this until I cut way back on dairy when I was nursing him. But you will probably see other signs of food sensitivity like fussiness and gas.



Hope that this might help a little.A question about a diaper rash?
DEFINITELY bring it up to the doctor. My daughter is VERY sensitive down there also. And no, not all yeast infections have white on them..My daughter is prone to yeast infections. She is 13 months now, but from about 4 weeks up until now, she's had about 6-7 yeast infections, some lasting a little over a week. She used to get white patches on them and then I realized that that happened when I used baby powder on her. :( Your son could be allergic to something. An indicator of that is also mucousy poop (along with rash). Please bring it up to the pediatrician that way. But in my opinion, the best remedy is to leave the baby diaperless as much as possible. I used to put a pee pad under my daughter at night time while she was asleep. Although she doesn't usually poop in her sleep, she obviously pees...But that's nothing a bath can't fix and the washing machine (for the sheets) Best of luck!!!A question about a diaper rash?
A yeast infection on the skin is not white. It's usually red bumps that are sometimes %26quot;crater-like%26quot;. If this is a yeast infection, he will need a prescription medication (probably Nystatin) to get rid of it. Also, I would stop using baby powder. Baby powder can cause severe respiratory problems!