Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How long did it take you to get "used to" changing diapers?

How long does it take to become %26quot;used to%26quot; changing babies' soiled diapers? I'm 14 and my mother just had identical twin girls and since they've been home I've had to help my parents change their diapers. When I first changed them I almost fainted from the smell and sight of it, fortunately I didn't and was able to complete the task but I'm still not used to it at all. How did it take you to get used to changing your babies' diapers?How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
it is not that bad think of something really gross you are thinking ,what could possibly be worse than this ,but there are lots of things worse like washing out dippers cloth that is really bad,and eating ants ,eating worms ,puke,a dead animal anywhere,road kill , just be glad that they are happy and healthy and so are you . you will be fine good practice for down the road 10yrs from now .How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
do it a few more times, and you'll have it!!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
i just adapted to it straightaway i guess i ddnt change one till he was 3 days old though but its not fazed me at allHow long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Colten is 5 months old today and well, we still havent gotten %26quot;used to it%26quot;, its a dirty stinky job but you just have to deal with it.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
a couple weeks...lol its difference when their your own but you'll get use to it soon...its just poopy...sometimes if im eating dinner and he goes i have to stop to change him then go back to eating....i don't really think about it...ya know?How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
they are your siblings not your kids you shouldnt be changing their diapersHow long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
It didn't take any time at all.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I never had to %26quot;get used to it%26quot; because, frankly, it didn't bother me. I worked in day cares before I had my son and in my church's nursery even before then. I guess by the time my son came along I was immune to it.



My husband, on the other hand, still gags at the site and smell of a poopy diaper. He rarely changes them because they literally make him sick to his stomach. It's funny to watch him try though!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I didn't really need time to get used to changing the diapers. It is smelly and everything, but just think of how bad it would smell if i never got changed at all...give it time..you will be a pro in no time!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
A day.

I work at a daycare now, so I change about 40 diapers a day. I'm a pro, these days.



Hold your breath, breathe when the diaper is closed. The key to getting rid of the smell fast is to wrap the diaper up and use the velcro sides to hold it shut. Then put it in a plastic bag (from the grocery store! Finally, a use for them!), then throw it away.



Man, I should offer lessons on diaper changing. People waste time taking pants off. That's the biggest mistake.



Anyway, to answer your question, not long. Pull a kid's pants and diaper back to investigate what's inside and get poo on your finger. When you're not horrified, you know you're way too comfortable.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I never got used to changing the diapers, but i did it anywayHow long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I don't know if you ever get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing dirty diapers. My guy is two months old and I can tolerate it better on some days than others, some are stinkier than others and some are messier than others. However, you get better within a couple of weeks if you change them all the time.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Start by breathing through your mouth. Work fast and remember that it is just precious angle poop and that it is not going to hurt you. You will get used to them pretty fast. Good luck.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
After the first time, I was %26quot;used to%26quot; it. It's smelly, sometimes, but it's not a big deal.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Once I realized a pooping baby is a happy baby, I got over it! My little girl had a problem pooping, and was pretty miserable, so I welcome those poopy diapers!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Its not that bad just wait till they get older and its like big kid poop depending on when the potty trained but just breathe through your mouth. You will be used to it no time trust me i used to be just like that.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I got used to it straight away. Believe me it's worse when they start solids! My boyfriend refuses to change our twin daughter's nappies for the same reason but I think he's just being a sook!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
It took a few months. Once you're into a routine of changing diapers, it just becomes as natural as changing clothes, or bathing.