Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How long did it take you to get "used to" changing diapers?

How long does it take to become %26quot;used to%26quot; changing babies' soiled diapers? I'm 14 and my mother just had identical twin girls and since they've been home I've had to help my parents change their diapers. When I first changed my sisters I almost fainted from the smell and sight of it, fortunately I didn't and was able to complete the task but I'm still not used to it at all. How did it take you to get used to changing your babies' diapers?How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
lol. You get used to it fairly quickly, but every now and then you find something in there to surprise you. I have worked with kids for almost 20 years, and I still occasionally open up a diaper an wonder what the heck the parents were feeding that child. When the smell is enough to singe your eyebrows, all you can do is hold your breath, and try not to think of what made it that slightly radioactive green color. The faster you finish up, the sooner you can run out of the room gagging and retching. Good luck, and don't worry, you'll get used to it soon. Or you will burn out all of the sensitive parts of your nose, which is roughly the same thing...How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Not long, because it is better to get them changed (and get rid of the smell, etc) than leave them in the soiled diaper. I swear my daughter leaves a visible stink trail if she walks around for more than 30 seconds with a poopy diaper- so I change it and the world is right again.

Good for you for helping- that's awesome!How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
I had practice with my two godsons (now 4 yrs and 22 months), and with them, it took me a few changes to get used to it. It probably would have bothered me more if I didn't work around horses, but mucking stalls for years kind of desensitizes you to poo.



My husband didn't even flinch the first time, he's a surgeon, so he's seen it all and says stinky diapers don't even register as gross, LOL.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
i never had a problem but my hubby was different lol it took him 4 months before he would even change just a wet one lol

at you age i think i would have been the same.How long did it take you to get %26quot;used to%26quot; changing diapers?
Within a day or two. It's not pleasant, but it needs to be done. I don't think your parents should make you change their diapers. I think there are plenty of other things you could do to help out.