Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don't know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?

I have to stop using the changing table. Today, she rolled over and tried to jump from it! :O So I put her on the floor to get her dressed... OMG, it took me like 10 minutes and all the patience I have to get her dressed!! She won%26039;t stop trying to crawl away! HOW do I make her sit still? She%26039;s only 11 months old, I really don%26039;t want to spank her....



Thanks !I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
i made it both into a game. when you go to lay her down put one hand behind her head and the other by her knees and makes some kind of funny sound and make a difrent sound for each step you have to take. like taking of her pants, each tab you pull up when u pull the diper out from under her when u open the new diper when u lift her butt to put on the new diper when you pull each tab open and when you conect each tab. do the same thing for dressing. My son has been siting still for dressing and diper changes sence 10 months you just have to make it fun for them. He now at age two helps me get him dressed.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Give her your cell phone. Works everytime around here!I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
good luck with this one. they don%26039;t ever want to sit still when they could be on the move. i guess just try to distract her while you change her. give her a toy. that worked for a little while with my son till he realized that wasn%26039;t as much fun. good luck!I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
If she is teething and a lot of 11 month olds are...give her a clean washcloth that you have dampened and frozen and give it to her right when you start to change/dress her. She will chew on it and be too distracted to try to crawl away. I brightly colored toy might also work. I agree, she is too young to spank.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
you don;t you get an item of clothing on and let her get away for a few min and try again lol you have to start much earlier and get used to this as it doesn%26039;t really stop as they get older they may choose to co-operate sometimes but who really wants to wear clothing if they don;t have to lol also if your just at home you don%26039;t have to keep her completely dressed all the time just put her in a onsie or just a t-shirt and diaper also when my son wouldn;t stay still anymore i switched to easy-ups by pampers they are easier to get onI don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Find her something to occupy herself with. When you change her diaper hold her ankles together...give her %26quot;zerberts%26quot; on he belly (blow on her belly, they like that), TALK to her, sing to her...Besides at 11 months they really don%26039;t LIKE wearing clothes...I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Distract her with something! My little girl does this when I try to change her. I use my car keys because she is fascinated with them.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I used to grab their legs by both ankles and hold them. If they twist, it hurts so they don%26039;t twist. You can lift the legs and keep them under control.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
hey patience is the answer, just be firm in your attitude and vocal address.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Oh mom... she%26039;s just showing you a bit of independence. Relax and it will pass. Just wait till she wants to pick out her own clothes!! And my favorite? %26quot;Mother - you%26039;re NOT going to wear THAT are you??%26quot; You%26039;ve only just begun - but relax and enjoy each and every frustrating moment. The years are going to pass by so fast you won%26039;t even believe it. Anyway, next time you change her diaper give her a piece of licorice or a new (cheap) toy to look at. That will distract her enough to give you time to throw that diaper on (just be quick!).I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Find some really cool toy she only gets to play with at that time. When my little girl was a baby, I had a wind up carousel that I would put next to us and she would watch it while I changed her. talk a lot to keep her attention. Make funny noises and faces. I used to ask for a kiss through the neck hole of her shirt and pull it over when she kissed me.

Also, with my first girl, if she started to fuss or fight me, I thought I wasn%26039;t going to be able to dress her. I couldn%26039;t stand to upset her. When I had my second girl, I just pulled the clothes on the screaming baby, ran a brush through her hair and went. I didn%26039;t have time to worry about it. I%26039;m sure I have traumatized her for life. Not. She is now much more agreeable about getting dressed. If you just make sure that baby doesn%26039;t fall off the table everything will be fine. (I was always scared they would fall off anyway, so I used a blanket on the floor)I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I have 4 kids. You can not make them stay still on the changing table. You can take deep breaths, laugh and play, and gently struggle to dress her, but can%26039;t make her stay still. Don%26039;t get lazy and not strap her in - because she will fall. Or - like you said - change her on the floor.



Good instincts on not spanking. Home should be the safest place for her. If she is spanked there, then the whole world must be unsafe. She will have no security. Besides - I was spanked and it never changed my behavior. I learned to lie better and hide things better, but a behavior will not change through a spank. She needs to know that she is safe with you.



Peace on earth begins at home.



Good luck!I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I ahve a 10 month old and its the same thing. Trust me its a blessing. My first child was 6 mo onld before he had any head control and over 2 before he could walk but doing great now. Anyway you cant spank her for this. I%26039;ve had to look at the clothing I ahve for her and change that a bit to make life simpler. She wont tolerate puting on a onsie and those full body jamma with lots of snaps forget it. Its just whatever goes over her head and the little bloomers or jeans and a tee shirt.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
At 11 months old, even if you spanked her, she wouldnt know why. You would just be hurting her. I would give her something to do. At my daycare, we would sing songs, have special toys to only play with during changing time. Put some shapes or pictures near the changing table. We had a strap on our changing table so that the kids wouldnt fall off. The pictures and toys plus the routine helped... As far as getting her dressed... again, you can have special toys but you have to be consistant to only dressing in one area. Good luck.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I would definitely keep her on the floor to get her dressed. Sometimes I will dress my 15 month old on the sofa and put my leg out along side of her so she can%26039;t get away and feels hemmed in. Just make sure you have everything you need within arms reach or put her down if you have to grab something (I am sure you know that already!). I sometimes give her things that interest her that she normally doesn%26039;t have access to such as my cell phone, the remote, or the tube of diaper lotion. She also loves to hold her toothbrush and happily munches on it while I change her.

Good luck!I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I don%26039;t think a child at diaper age would learn from a spanking when it comes to sitting still. Children are just so curious and are constantly moving. There isn%26039;t much you can do about it. My son is moving constantly from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed and he is 3. It is just children%26039;s nature.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I%26039;ll tell you a secret--THAT BABY DOES NOT WANT TO BE

DRESSED. She is a new little human and she wants to be

FREE. Most native children run naked. She doesn%26039;t need to

be fully clothed unless she%26039;s going out in the cold. Just get

a diaper on her and let it go. Getting dressed to go to Grandma%26039;s of course, give her a favorite play toy or something

that makes lots of noise.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
Such a little monkey! All of my children went through this stage as well, so I had to come up with a lot of creative ways to encourage cooperation! Spanking seemed rather cruel for such an innocent behavior-- they just don%26039;t want to sit still because they%26039;re so curious and busy!



I like the cellphone suggestion-- that worked well for me too (but getting it back afterward was a little tough sometimes!). I also had certain toys I would keep in the diaper basket for changes, and the babies came to like and expect these particular toys at changing time.



I would always sing a song during changes as well-- %26quot;Diaper time, diaper time,

Time for (Baby%26039;s, %26quot;fill-in-the-name%26039;s%26quot;, or whatever) diaper time...%26quot; and repeat over and over while I was doing the change. By toddlerhood, they were singing along! :) The older kids would join in, and the babies always enjoyed a good serenade!



If I didn%26039;t have anything on hand to distract them, I%26039;d give them a clean baby wipe, or diaper to fiddle with while I got the change done.



For clothes changes, I would sing a song to the tune of %26quot;Ten Little Indians%26quot;... One little, two little, three little snippy-snaps... etc. Or %26quot;This Little Piggy%26quot; worked well too. I always sang the piggy song during nail trimmings as well, and I%26039;ve never had much trouble getting my little ones to sit still for that like I%26039;ve heard some parents mention.



The trick is to make the activity fun for both you and the baby. :) Everything you do together, from the simplest daily tasks to the planned events, is an opportunity to enjoy your baby%26039;s babyhood. :)I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
my son is 12 months and he won%26039;t be still while I change him either. it%26039;s normal! All u can really do is give her something to play with while u change her.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
It%26039;s a stage. It will eventually stop. Just make sure you have the wipes ready and the new diaper opened up and ready to change her before you take her current one off. A distraction may help too.I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
They understand no at that age reinforce it with a slap on the hand to let them know that their behavior is wrong... when they are old enough change to time out.

good luck!I don%26039;t know how to make my baby stay still when I change her diaper or get her dressed?
I%26039;m having this problem with my 8 month old, it drives me crazy! everytime i try to put the diaper on he arches his back, picks up his but and tries to roll away, making it impossible to put the diaper on, and by the time i finally get the diaper on he%26039;s crawled away and i%26039;m chasing after him trying to put his pants on. The only things that have helped is try to keep them distracted with anything, give her your cell phone or the remote, those are the best, or a bottle/sippy cup. I%26039;ve sometimes resorted to changing him on the floor with my foot on his chest (not actually pressing down, i don%26039;t wanna hurt him, just keeping it over him so he can%26039;t roll or arch his back) you can put shirts on while she%26039;s sitting up in your lap and you can cross your legs over which will keep her still for a few seconds. You can do pants this way too, or put them on while you%26039;re standing up holding her, just get the feet through and you can kinda %26quot;drop%26quot; her into them. Anything you can do to keep her off her back because that%26039;s the worst for them and she%26039;ll fight it like crazy. More than anything, you just have to go fast! have the clothes laid out, snaps unsnapped, diaper unfolded, wipes at the ready, anything to shave precious seconds off the madness of the diaper change. :)