Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?

My baby is 8.5 months old and every time I go to change his diaper, he wriggles and turns and flips over and oooh, it's so gross because he's still covered in POO and I haven't wiped him yet, and it takes all of my might AND his tears to change him and this has been going on for a while now, and I don't know what to do! Sometimes when my husband is home, he holds him and my baby CRIES his head off and still wriggles and twists. I have tried occupying his hands with a new toy, wearing a hat for him to look up at me, and also distracting him by placing him in front of the TV with diaper changes. NOTHING WORKS! Any advice? How long will this last because potty training is a ways off. Thanks!Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
Stick something to your forehead (a little sticker, picture) so that he is concentrating on you. He will be entertained by trying to get that sticker off your forehead. I know of the poo issue with wigglers - I had one to. Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
I'm interested in finding out the answers to this one. My 8 mth old is the same way...I go through at least 4 clothing changes a day because of it.



i just put a clean diaper under her and hope for the best, it seems to work...sometimes.



Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
my son does the same and is the same age! i try singing to him sometime it works! other times poo gets everywhere it is so gross but other than pinning him down theres not much else! my son does let me if i give him the tv remote though lol!

xxAny advice for the diaper change wriggler?
I don't know how long it lasts because my 11 month old is doing this still.. .LOL



I sing to him, loudly... He stops for a few minutes. I also keep like 5 toys handy, and when he starts to wiggle, I give him a new toy. I think I can now change a diaper in 30 seconds, LMAOAny advice for the diaper change wriggler?
i always give him the diaper and tell him %26quot;hold this for mommy%26quot; it works most of the time...if he drops or more likely throws it i give him another one or a wipe or anything thats within arms reach .. Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
Both my girls where diaper changing wiggle worms and I finally made a little picture book with family photos or favorite objects they love to play with thru the day to keep them distracted. It also could be the wipes are cold on their skin and could do with a few seconds in the microwave to take the chill off.Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
I have a 14 month old that does this. I just put the diaper wipes near his head and ask him to hand me one when he starts yanking them out furiously. I make sure and say thank you after each one. Then I snap the lid shut and tell him I am all done. The ones he pulls out that io don't use I either let him play with them or shove them back into the box. The pulling the diaper wipes out one by one seems to do the trick. Any advice for the diaper change wriggler?
My son does not wiggle anymore. What I did was from the time he first started this was to hold him down by the hip bones and look right in his eyes and say NO. I let him fight and scream all he wanted (he was very upset that I would not let him move). It didn't hurt him because I was merely holding him flat on his back by the hip bones. He protested big time. I did that a few times and he stopped trying. Within a few weeks I had a baby that laid nicely for all diaper changes, and still does.