Sunday, November 21, 2010

My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby's diaper no matter what.?

My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby's diaper no matter what. So I'm left to always change it. The problem of course is that I'm not always home and even when I am, it's not feasible for me to be the only one changing diapers. I understand my situation is unique, since usually it's the other way around in this instance. I'm wondering if anyone else how this problem. I simply can't understand how a mother won't change her baby's diaper, but maybe others have experienced this and can help. I would eat my baby's do-do if that's what is required. What can I do? The situation is very frustrating.My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
She shouldn't of really had a baby in the first place as babies need changing a lot. And when your not always home and the baby needs changing, depending on how long baby is left, baby will become sore and the skin around the area will start to break down.

She just needs to keep trying, maybe little bits at a time with you helping and i'm sure she would get used to it.



edit: I do understand a bit though, I can change my own baby, I can even clean up grown men and women (student nurse) but I can't change someone else's baby even if it's just a wee lolMy wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
Tell her to breathe through her mouth! It's very simple.My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
This should not be a negotiable issue! She needs to be able to do it on her own. Maybe if she practices doing it when it is just pee a few times, then she will be more efficient when it is poop as well. You could try helping her a few times, but let her know that she will have to do it on her own soon. She is making it worse for herself by %26quot;thinking%26quot; that she will gag. She's gotta get over it!

Also, she is putting her baby at risk for a horrible diaper rash, which could be considered neglectful parenting, as well as baby being uncomfortable and in pain.My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
- she can take the baby outside for changes (fresh air is good air)

- she can stand beside you when you change the baby, and gradually adjust to the idea

- she can have a plastic bag in a bin beside the baby and vomit as needed while changing the diaper. If it's only gagging, then there is no problem. If she's full on vomiting, the vomiting into a bin should hinder her from doing it again.



If she isn't willing to re-train herself, or face her fears, she may need to hire a nanny to come be with her and your child while you are at work.



I have heard of many pregnant mothers who vomit while changing diapers because of morning sickness and heightened sense of smell - but i've never heard of a mother who wouldn't change the diaper despite feeling sick and/or vomiting during the procedure of changing it.My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
Research shows mothers maybe genetically programmed to be more OK with their own LO do-do. These experiments were carried out, where a mother cannot tell which nappy is from her own baby. The results show they are more likely to gag over other peoples baby's nappies. I experienced this changing our babies cousin. For some reason when its not your own, it makes you gag, especially if its a strong smell. Obviously this doesn't apply to you, so I would be more likely to say its in the mind with your wife. Maybe the more anxiety built up over this task, the more she gags. I would only suggest making sure everything is on hand to try and do it as fast as possible, including a nappy bag and an open window to start off with. Maybe the more confidence built up, the better it will get. Sometimes people can gag at just the thought of something without smelling it. At least this proves it can be in the mind. I believe confidence would be the key.My wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
it is her baby too she needs to take responsibility for the diapers just like you do it is not fair what she is doing she is the childs mother she needs to step up and take responsibility for her child and i think it is wonderful that you have stepped up and taken responsibility well done not many fathers doMy wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
I am the same way I would puke just getting a whiff of poo. do what i did buy a box of paper face masks smear the inside of each with vicks vapor rub poof no more smell at times when the order was too bad I would rub some in my nose and also wear the mask It works .if she refuses to change or take care of her baby no matter how sick it makes her I would change mommies doccument what you write here have her declared unfit Put you chilld in a good home. true love will overcome all problemsMy wife has a strong gag reflex and refuses to change our baby%26039;s diaper no matter what.?
you really shouldnt eat baby ****. not good for ya.