Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?

My daughter squirms away from me as soon as I take the diaper off...any tricks you recommend to keep her still? I've tried giving her toys to play with and it only helps some of the time. Changing a diaper has become a two-person job!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
This is a new game for her. All the babies I have encountered have gone through this stage. Take it easy and play her little game. Let her %26quot;run%26quot; away and make a game out of %26quot;catching%26quot; her. Do this once or twice on each diaper change then say %26quot; Okay, time to redress%26quot; and lay her back down for the new diaper. Do this for every diaper change that she squirms away. She will enjoy the ineractions and soon settle down. Soon this will stop and you will be back to regular changes.



She found out she can squirm and roll to keep you from re-diapering her. Your frustration fuels the need to keep doing it.



Another option is to NOT react to her squirming, just roll her back over and place the diaper on... screaming %26amp; crying may occur, but ignore these as well. As long as she doesn't get a response, she will soon give up her game.



Babies and toddlers will do things that will frustrate you to get a response from you, whether it is a negative or positive response. Acting as though you could care less rather she squirm or not, will defuse her attempts for a response.



This action usually means that your child is not getting enough attention from you or dad. Try to play with her more, talking to her more, holding her more. Just because you may be with her 24/7 doesn't mean you are giving her the attention she craves 24/7.



I am a stay at home mom and my children act up when they feel I haven't (or dad) given the enough attention. Spending one-on-one time with her at regular intervals will satisfy those cravings for attention and her diaper changes will settle back down.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Mom of 2 here and aunt of 12 ....You don't you become very quick in changing it LMAO!!!

Sorry its the truth!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
i have the same problem i give my little boy something to hold to take his mind off what im doingHow do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
tell him no in a very firm voice!! Hold him down make eye contact and tell him NO!! He will get in as long as you are consistent and firm!!



oh also, you may want to sing a song that he likes and catches his attention!! Hey i still do both with my little boy.. well he is 21 months. My son like that rubber duckie song from elmo! Works like a charm!!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
nail gun?How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
im not a mom but i baby sit try putting a barrier of pillows around here or giving her something to holdHow do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
I give mine something to play with that she likes...... that usually does the trick.



LOL @ nailgun.....How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
try stickers (put on hand, face) keeps them busy long enough to change a diaper. make funny faces or sing a song in different voice than your own. all those worked with my wiggle worm.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Hey there, wear some funny glasses or something that sparkles on your face, maybe she'll become entranced with that and forget to squirm. =) Good luck!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Duct tape??



Seriously though, I never found the trick to keeping mine still. We used to refer to it as %26quot;rodeo diapering%26quot;.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
talk to them make faces, work fast. put something above changing table on ceiling to look at.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
get her involved.. say, %26quot;you do it%26quot; have her undo the straps, then tell her to pick up her butt, by holding her legs.. mine used to do that, now she changes her own diapers.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
thats a no win situation,, give her another few months and then you will have a hard time keeping it on her at all...lol



just keep chasing her down thats what i did with mineHow do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
talk to her,divert her from what u r doing, and try holding her legs down until she realizes what you are doing.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Some changing tables have a seatbelt on them, just like the public ones.



You could try making your own too. Get a thick kid-size belt and superglude the middle of it to the changing table. Instant seat belt and the kid can't escape.



At least, that's what worked for my brother. Except we glued the belt to the closet wall, but whatever...How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
u really cant but give her a toy it might help. I hated that lol.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
If there were a way they'd already have a book about it!



Try to have something over head to get her attention. Other than that: make sure you have the diaper open, the wipe out of the case and that you're ready to go before you lay her down.



You have to be an octopus!! LOLHow do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Get a couple of cheap toys that you give her JUST at diaper-changing time---the novelty will be enough to keep her distracted and not want to roll over.

Best wishes:)How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
I've babysat since 10 and have 2 of my own and after all those experiences, I just had to learn to change them faster. And the baby enjoys not having something wet near their bottom, and I don't blame them much. lol. Also, to her it has now become kind of a game to her, so keep her occupied by talking to her and get her attention, then change it as fast as you can. Sorry, wish I could be more help.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
try this put the changing pad on your lap and put your feet on something that will raise it so your knees are up then when your changing the child hes/she can't roll over. Good lucky

also if the room is cold try getting a portable heater and keep the room at about 75 degrees so when you change them they dont get cold.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
What helped with my daughter is giving her a extra clean diaper to occupy her, then change the diaper as fast as I can. No more than a minute or two.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
haha...you don't. I get the used diaper off first, wipe, lay out the fresh diaper, set her on it and put the palm of my hand on her tummy, firm but not enough to hurt, and get the diaper on with my other hand. Blowing Rasberry's on her tummy works too. She gets to crackin up and forgets to try to get away.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Give your baby something small to hold and play with while you change her. Make sure you only give this special toy to her when it's changing time. It won't stop the rolling over, but it may give you more time. You have to be quick!! Also talk to her, sing to her, put something interesting to look at over the changing area. A poster of something bright on the ceiling. Good luck. Have fun!! I just love babies...and remember before you know it...she will be potty trained...they grow so fast...years fly by!!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Make a game of it. Kiss her face and play peek a boo. That is what she is doing when she rolls over. It is a game and it is fun. Just change the fun. Do not scold or pin her down as others have suggested. She is just a baby.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Change her on the floor. Then, if you have to, you can hold her down with your leg *lightly* over her belly while you chanage her bottom.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
I don't have any babies but, my sister had the same problem and she just gave him a bottle or some kind of toy that made noise or changed colors.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
This is what they do! Make sure you are not using a changing table because she could get away, roll off into the floor! Change her on the floor! Good Luck!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
I've had this problem with a few kids, before long the parents are asking me what I did to get them to lay still! I just keep telling them, no you need to lay still and give them new things to play with. Buy a %26quot;diaper changing toy%26quot; that they can only play with when being changed.

One thing I have also gotten really good at is changing them standing up (only if they are wet,no bm and they can stand on their own).

Now with my own children, I've been known to put one leg under my leg and the other leg under my other leg to get them to lay still. I've also tapped their bottom so they think they are getting spanked even though I know it didn't really hurt them. They eventually will grow out of it! Good luck!How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
Put stickers on her arms and hands. While she is busy pulling them off, change the diaper. You will have to be quick, as she will be.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
I distract my son with goofy faces and a good attitude. works great.How do I get my 8.5 month old baby to stop rolling over when I change her diaper?
What worked with my two boys was to give them something that wasn't really a toy, but wouldn't hurt them if they played with it. Something they've never seen before...a hairbrush, the tube of diaper rash cream (but don't let her open it!), a diaper...basically anything new or different to her. It should hold her attention long enough for you to change her.