Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?

my baby is 7 months old and cannot stay still on his changer. he flips to his tummy and gets in his crawl position and tries to escape. i try and hold him down on his back but he fights me and he is strong so he normally manages to flip. its very hard to change his clothes and diaper now. anyone else?How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
My changing pad comes with a little strap and buckle attached to it. For the first 6 months of my daughter's life, I thought, %26quot;what on earth is that trap for?%26quot; And then she started acting just like your son does. And I thought %26quot;aha!%26quot; I strapped her in and that was the only way to keep her still enough to change her diaper. Don't worry, he'll calm down pretty soon.How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
Switch to changing on the floor, it's not safe on the changer anymore. When you are on the floor you can lay your legs gently over him to keep him in place, it may not keep him still though. Mine never did get any easier, he's 16 months old.How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
change him on the floor or big bed so then it is safer then a small space he can fall off of. ALso try giving him a toy to play with while changing him to preoccupy himHow do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
I had that problem too. We only change on the floor.We gave our daughter toys that entertained her, even a wipe for her to play with, for some reason she really liked that. When all else failed I chased her around and put it on her as she was crawling, standing or sat her on top of it and strapped it on lol. All the while hoping she didn't pee on the floor. The good news is she pretty much grew out of that stage now, shes 10 months.How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
give him something safe that isn't a toy, like a spoon or something that will hold his interest. I even give my little one another diaper to play with. it usually keeps their attention since they dont play with those things. my lil one is 13 months and i still do it. i use my wallet sometimes..lol. make sure it is safe though!!!How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
Ahh, the memories...I found that if I grab both feet with one hand and lift them back towards his head making him bend in half he was less likely to twist if he was %26quot;folded%26quot;. It takes practice. Toys or something to occupy them works great until they learn to throw it at you. Be careful what you hand them. hehe



At 24 months, I found a light spank on the butt get their attention to stop rolling. I wouldn't suggest that at 7 months.How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
My nephew has been the same since he was 6 months old and still does it now and he's two... the worst thing is now if he escapes he can run away!



Change him on the floor and try to distract him by making him laugh and trust me you will learn to dress/change him REALLY quickly before he has time to get up to much mischief... You will also learn you can dress them when they are laying in all kinds of positions! :-)



Good luck... it will get alot easier I promiseHow do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
I usually give him something to play with, a small toy, or sometimes a Baby Mum Mum cracker and that keeps him occupied long enough to change him stress-free.How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
Have you tried a toy??

My son gets to play with a rattle when he get's his bum changed... and i move very quickly!How do you change a diaper when baby wont stay still?
give him a little toy to keep him busy or let him suck on a bottle it might just make it easier im trying to learn all of this cause i got another nephew on the way now i got 4!