Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you change a diaper on an airplane?

For some reason, I'm really concerned about this, particularly if it's a dirty diaper. I find it inconsiderate to change a dirty diaper at the seat (or on the tray table, which I've seen and was horrified by). Any suggestions for non-offensive diaper changing on a plane? Anyone know any airlines that have changing tables in the bathroom?How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Honestly...... I think changing the diaper any where you please or could find room would be just fine. Babies need to be changed when they are dirty..... and if other people have a problem with it..... tough! We all started out as babies one time or another and none of us deserved to sit around dirty.....just because other people didn't want to see. I change my babies diaper where ever and whenever and don't give a crap who likes it or not. I find watching an adult walk out of the bathroom without washing there hands way more disgusting! Don't stress yourself out about it though...... you may be surprised to see the trip goes way more smoothly then you ever could have imagined.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
You can do it in the bathroom, or on your lap. If you are flying with a friend or spouse, you can always split laps...How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
I don't think there is a changing table in airplane bathrooms, but if the baby needs a diaper just put him/her across your lap and change him.her like that. Get some powder or a spray of some sort to cover up the smell lol!How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Believe it or not this just happened to me! lol I was boarding the plane by myself with my 7 month old and sure enough i sat down, and got everything situated and i smelled the poo! I was like o no what do i do! So i grabed 1 diaper and the travel case of wipes and I headed to the bathroom, which is soo tiny already. and I put the seat down and layed her head on my knees and her legs were facing me and then I changed her. I then put the dirty diaper and wipes in the trash can and she was all clean! It was a tight space, so dont take anything you dont NEED in the bathroom with you and you will be fine!How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Some planes have changing tables above the toilet if not ask a flight attendent if you can sit on her chair in the back and change baby on your lap(depending on how big baby is) or if there is enough room just lay baby on flight attendent chair and you stand to change baby. I have heard that planes have changing tables but every plane I have been on, don't!! So I don't know which airline doesHow do you change a diaper on an airplane?
I would go to the Airplane bathroom. If no ones (stranger) beside you could change them on your lap. Bring a bag to put the diaper in or trow it in the bathrooms garbage. So i doesn't create a smell.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Depends if what kind of plane you are flying on. Long Haul flights will generally have a little change table that folds down in the washroom, though the flight attendants will ask you to bag the diaper and let them dispose of it as it will make the washroom smell.



Barring that, you'll have to do it on your lap or a spare seat. If it's a short flight, try to change little one before you leave and cross your fingers you won't have to do it enroute!



Have a good flight!How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
I don't know of any airlines that have a changing tabl in the bathroom. The bathrooms on a plane are very small, you could try in the bathroom if you would like, but I read a really good tip in a mag once( it was for breastfeeding but it could be done for a diaper change too) Ask for a window seat and blanket when you board the plane, take 2 safety pins with you and pin the blanket on the seat in front of you and on your own seat, and then you have a nice curtian between you and other passengers so you can change or breastfeed.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
make dad do it. ;)



i buy the huggies disposable changing pads and i lay them over the toilet seat. i've also asked for a blanket from the flight attendant and used it to cover the toilet seat. they usually throw it away afterwards. i've also changed a diaper on the floor in the area in front of the bathroom if the bathroom was unsuitable.



i can certainly understand someone changing a diaper at their seat or on the tray table... airlines don't make it very easy for families with babies.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
some airplanes have changing tables on their restrooms...... some don't.... this is what happened to me:

we were frlying with out 3 month old from Miami to Venezuela, when the plane was about to land my daughter pooped REALLY bad (it was up to her back).... we went to the tiny restroom and put a pad (the ones that come with the diaper bag) on the toilet and changed her..... it was horrible because her head would keep falling as the plane was landing and my husband and I were trying to balance her and ourselves.... it was really funny.... I ended up throwing the onesie in the restroom's trash....How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Bathrooms aren't big enough for changing tables! If your baby is small enough you can go in the bathroom and keep the seat to the toliet down and do it there.. but chances are your baby is going to be too big. Most people just change the diapers on their laps.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Many airlines with many different types of aircraft do in fact have changing tables in the lavs. American Airlines, for instance, has changing tables installed on their Super 80's. I do think it is rude and inconsiderate to change a dirty diaper on the fold down tray. People eat there, and they don't get cleaned after every flight, no matter what anyone says. Changing them while you are at your seat could also be offensive, but less offensive than putting them up where a person eats food. Do not give the dirty diaper to a flight attendant to dispose of, you need to get up and dispose of it yourself, no flight attendant wants a dirty diaper handed to them. The idea of going to the lav and sitting on the toilet with baby on your lap is a good idea, and I have done that myself before if a changing table is unavailable. You cannot use the flight attendant jumpseat to change your baby either, nobody but the flight attendant is allowed to occupy that seat at any time, plus the seats are fold out and kept down byu your body weight...baby's weight won't hold it down. I wouldn't even recommend using the floor ( yes, I have seen people do this) they spread a blanket out on the floor and chnge baby in the back of the plane near the lavs. Don't do that, the floors are grody, even with a blanket down! Your best bet is to go to the lav for the least offensive method. It's amazing the challenges posed by flying with children!!How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
All the planes I've been on have a fold down baby change table in one of the bathrooms. Use that.How do you change a diaper on an airplane?
theres a fold down change table in the WCHow do you change a diaper on an airplane?
Hi it depends which airline you are travelling with of course but alot have change tables in the rear toilets. The steward/ess usually points this out on the plane. I was lucky my girl dind't need to go although we are flying on monday