Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?

My baby hates diaper changes. WIthin the last few weeks she has thrown tantrums, to the point where I am using all of my force to hold her down, while being changed.



And, I have tried it all. From giving her her favorite toys, the wipes, or bears. To giving her my cell phone, remote, camera, and even papers. I am close to being out of ideas.



What should I do? And, how long does this last?My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Sorry there is nothing I can suggest since you've tried to distract her already. She's just excited she can move away and do her own thing. It wont last too long, in a month or two she's going to be bringing you diapers and wanting to be changed. Its just all part of the progress.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
When my daughter was able to stand on her own , and they fit her, I began using pull ups. It was much easier for me because she hated to stop what she was doing to have her diaper changed. She still had to lie down for a 2 change, but it helped.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
LOL, i already have that problem with my 4 week old!!!My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
try some one else to change her when my son does that me and my wife swap what we are doing it seams to work so far he likes it.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
get a something rely soft to keep her down and make sure it doesnt hurt.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Mine does it too, but I give her a warning- we're changing diapy in one minute (two if she's really into something, THEN a one-minute warning)

And, once she's there, I don't even let her try to wiggle or get up, because then I just have to chase a poopy baby- so yeah, we wrestle a little. I just try to stay calm and matter-of-fact about it, but I'm sick of steaming poop out of the rugs! Try to teach your child to be calm and still. And praise her a lot if she does! Mine is pretty good most of the time.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
this is very common now that they can turn or worse run off with poop stuck to their butt she will come out of it :-)My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
I have found it helps to have a toy that is ONLY for diaper changes (find one she really loves). If she is %26quot;bad%26quot; take it away and say %26quot;No, stay still.%26quot; When she is still let her play with it, and stay in the changing area for a few minutes playing with it (not too long though- it's only for changes). Make an ordeal out of telling her how good she was. When she gets bored with it, take her to the toy store and let her pick out the %26quot;diaper toy%26quot;. Make a big deal out of it being hers.



Good luck! This also works for throwing food/ not throwing food. We have a plastic mobile that sticks to the highchair I take away if he throws food and let him play with if he doesn't.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
It last until your baby is potty trained - most likely...my son is 22 months and still kicks and screams everytime. And it's a good thing...it means that she is more aware and wants to be more independent...she's just not ready to be, yet.



I would say move her to the floor for changes (if you aren't there already) and just steady yourself for battle before each change.



I do find that talking to my son about what we are going to do next (when the change is done) or singing a silly song helps to distract him.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Maybe a mobile above the changing table or try blowing some bubbles right before you go in for the diaper change. If you've tried it all, my best answer would be to just try to get it fast. And don't worry, it doesn't last long. It sounds cliche but they do grow up so fast, enjoy even the stressful times.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
MY SON IS THE SAME WAY!!!! I've found it's easier to change him on the floor than the changing table *at least this way if he gets out of my control he doesn't fall off* and I sing him his abcs while I change him...it helps 60 percent of the time. I'll be keeping my eye on your question for answers! Good luck!My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
%26quot;What should I do?%26quot; - No idea! If you find the solution, let me know though! LOL



And, how long does this last? - Well, my daughter started this at around the same age. She is now 15 months and she still does it. Although she's getting a little bit better.



All you can do is move as quickly as possible. It's very normal for babies to do this, they don't like staying still for that long.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
My son started about that age and at 13 months old it has gotten worse. Now when he sees me grab a diaper he runs! I tackle him and wrestle him to the ground; the poopy diapers are the worst! I do the nursery rhyme: One two, buckle my shoe.....it works sometimes.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Lots of babies do this. It is very normal for that age group. It doesnt just go away. You have to work your baby. Try singing to her, sometimes that will distract her more than handing them anything. Im a nanny and i have had a boy do this to the point where I was almost unable to change his diaper. Sometimes its a sign of other things being wrong. Talk to your Ped about it. Ive never seen it in girls. Mostly boys because they are impatient.My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Shes just showing her independence, it wont last forever. Just do the best you can, its a stage! Especially at her age. Think of it as a sign of intelligence :)My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Glad you asked this question. My 8 month old is doing the same thing and I'm running out of ideas too!



Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in this boat! :)My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
Join the club :) There's not much you can do at the moment. They're mobile and want to be on the move constantly.



Such a pain, huh?My 10 1/2 month old wont lie still for her diaper change?
My daughter is 8 months and has just started this! I usually switch the toys up so she doesn't know what to expect and is not bored of the same toy every time i change her.