Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you change a tantruming child's diaper?

My son is 10.5 months and starting to throw tantrums if he doesn't want to stop playing to have his diaper changed. He screams and kicks with his feet and lifts his butt up off the ground and scoots away or rolls over. It is practically impossible for one person to change his diaper when he does this (he's a big baby -- 25+ lbs!). How do you change your child's diaper when they are throwing a tantrum?How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
If we are using the changing table, then we put the belt around their waist and change them as quick as possible.



If we are on the floor, I try to put my legs on either side so there is not too much room to roll over, give them something to try to distract them - either a favorite toy or something that I don't usually let them play with like the phone or remote control - and try do to it quickly. Even then it means, grabbing them by the legs and turning them back over when they try to roll away.



Good luck!How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
quickly, sorry all I got.How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
My 4 month old does this some times, and he is 21 lbs and for a baby is really strong!



The way I do it is I sing to him, talk to him, tickel him, blow zerberts on his tummy or hand him a toy to hold while I change him.



9 times out of ten it works... When it does not... Well then I just have to be ready with extra wipes to clean the poop off of his legs and feet and my hands lol.How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
My baby does very similar thing. She cries %26amp; twists her bottom to crawl away from me. I stopped using diaper changing station but just to change where ever my is playing. I look for the times when she's having fun with certain object $ then I let her play with it and then change so fast. I know all babies like different things. Find out what your son likes while he's laying down. Good luck!How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
I was just wondering this myself as I had a particularly good struggle with my 8.5 month old this morning. My husband has taken to singing to our son while he changes his diaper and gave me that suggestion when I told him how much of a struggle it was this morning. It works for him, we'll see if it works for me the next time. Good luck!!How do you change a tantruming child%26039;s diaper?
Very very quickly... I try to distract him and try to hold him down at his belly with the palm of my hand... I don't hurt him but I just used my hand to kinda try and hold him down. My son is very strong-willed so just gotta distract them and be fast about it! It helps if there is someone there to help hold him while you wipe him/change him.....sometimes my husband will have to try and hold my sons hands aways from his balls/butt because he will stick his hands in the poop...and my husband will do that while I wipe him so he can't go anywhere, but really I just try to be quick about it.
  • rodents
  • kind of skin tone
  •