Thursday, June 2, 2011

How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?

My boyfriend and I are expecting our little boy this December.



He is the second youngest of TEN. But he was less than 2 when his younger brother was born, so he%26039;s never been around babies.



He%26039;s never changed a diaper in his life.



I wouldn%26039;t say he%26039;s very immature, but he could be much more mature, lol.



I%26039;m afraid that he%26039;s going to be a wimp about diaper changes.



Was your husband/boyfriend initially grossed out by diaper changes? Did it ever change?How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband will not change a poopy diaper unless I%26039;m out and he%26039;s with our daughter. He rarely changes diapers but does a lot of other stuff to make up for it - well, most of the time! ;) How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
For starters, men just hate touching diapers. My grandfather, this old italian man brags about having 6 kids and 20 grandchildren and never changing a single diaper. As for my boyfriend, I had a REALLY bad delivery and couldnt walk for 5 days, so he did most of the diaper changing when our son was first born. For the first 3 days in the hospital he did all of it but my best friend had to show him how to change the diaper (i had been napping for the first poopy one!). he did good then, folded it down for the cord and everything (be careful- because even with the notch in the diaper for the cord, it still went too high and we had to fold it down still). but once i could really move around he rarely changed the diapers and especially now, he always hands it off to me or his brother%26039;s wife.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
Darlin%26039;,



When my first was born, I had never changed a diaper! Neither had my husband! Cripes! The two of us were looking at the Baby Bottom %26amp; trying to figure what to do with it! But we figured it out!



He was always willing to change a diaper -- but was never very good at putting the sticky tabs in the right place. Sometimes, the sticky tabs would be stuck to the baby%26039;s skin; sometimes they would be stuck to her clothing. But, if Dada is willing to change a diaper, Mama does not complain!



Now it is grandbabies and Papaw is willing to help. Mostly he helps by calling for %26quot;Memaw!%26quot; But that%26039;s okay! I still love the old guy %26amp; he loves the grandbabies!



It don%26039;t get no better than this!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
When I was pregnant with our first I always worried how my husband would be as a father and doing baby duties. He was 32 years old never changed a diaper in his whole life and never really was around babies. I%26039;m not sure he even liked kids. LOL But to my surprise he stepped right in and is great with our kids. He changed our son%26039;s first poopy diaper because I was sleeping. Now its not his favorite thing but he steps up to the plate and does whatever needs to be done. My best friends hubby won%26039;t ever help her change diapers poo or pee. I think that%26039;s ridiculous. Seriously be a man and take care of your baby. But I guess not everyone%26039;s cut out to change diapers.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband was awesome changing diapers...I totally lucked out. (I bought him a t-shirt that says %26quot;Real Men Change Diapers%26quot;)



But my brother who is exactly like your boyfriend was the youngeset of 4, and when he had his son had no idea even which way the diaper went. The nurse in the hospital made him change a poopy diaper and he ended up puking. His son is now 13 mths and he has yet to change another. He drove 20 minutes (his wife is working late) to our house so that my husband could change it for him.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
ha ha. Me and my fiance got back together when my daughter was about 2 years old and every time he changed her diaper he did the whole gagging thing, but she always smells like something crawled up there and died.

With our son he is very good about it, he started out with the breast fed diapers which don%26039;t stink so he is slowly working his way up to the nasty diapers. Our son has been eating fruits and veggies for about a month now and his poop does have a bit of a stench but nothing he can handle. As long as your boyfriend works his way up then he should be fine.

Our rule is thought that if he poops while he%26039;s with daddy, then daddy changes him. Same with mommy.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband had never been around any babies either he was the youngest! At first he was a bit uneasy with changing the diapers and would actually kind of run away when it was time to change one lol but after a couple of times he was a little better.... although when its a poopy diaper he still likes to run and hide lol Good Luck and God BlessHow is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
Dont worry - i%26039;d never changed a diaper either! I do most of the diapers but my boyfriend does help out a lot too. I think its probably easier for men to change boys nappies, some guys feel %26039;weird%26039; about changing a little girl at first (like my boyfriend did) but it just comes naturally now, its a job that has to be done! Good LuckHow is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband pretty much changed every diaper the first week he was home with me and our daughter. He loves being a daddy. Now though..well pretty much ever since she started solids and the diapers got stinky..he tries his hardest to only change the wet ones. But if he absolutely has to change a stinky diaper he will.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
my partner has no dramas in changing our daughter if she needs to be changed and he doesnt pass the buck etc- he more see%26039;s it as an experience and spending time with her... Its great, ive never had any probs with him doing anything, at the drop of a pin he does things without being asked most the time...How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
FAN -freakin-TASTIC!!!!! (thank God). Here is our %26quot;rule of thumb%26quot;. IF (and this is only IF as he usually only goes once a day) my son poops after hubby gets home....HIS diaper!! He knows that I get them all day and will do it no problem!! Also I never just assume that since he is home that he will do it. I still ask him if he can quickly change him when I need it done and he always obliges as he %26quot;flies%26quot; baby down the hall %26quot;superbaby%26quot; style!! It is when thay play a lot too!!!!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
In the entire time our two children were in nappies, my husband managed to do three nappy changes. He also never (not once) got up at night to see to the baby! He always had a excuse. However, even now he%26039;ll boast about how he helped out with all that kind of stuff. How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband was great about diaper changing from the start. He had to change the very first diapers while I recovered from my c-section in the hospital bed. He is still good about it but would rather skip the poopy ones.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
men don%26039;t change diapers, they usually make excuses or something, you just need to get him used to changing diapers and get over it%26039;s grossness, just because you%26039;re the mother, doesn%26039;t mean you don%26039;t think it%26039;s gross too. :) good luck!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
Just make him do it. That%26039;s what dads are for. Woman give in too easy because they use that tired a$$ excuse, well he%26039;s a man that%26039;s how they are. No they aren%26039;t, unless YOU make them that way!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My boyfriend will do pee diapers when he is here but never poopy ones, i%26039;m very proud of him seeing as he is 13! :)



xxxHow is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
my husband dint change a diaper till our baby was 3 months old.but he now does it regularly and is really good with him wheter its a poo nappy or wee one.How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My man WAS fine with diapering our son, but now that he is 6 months and eating baby food, he can%26039;t handle a poop any longer. He gags and everything.

But he will change a pissy one.

How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
my husband has no problem changing diapers, even poopy! if i am home then i will help him change poopy, just cause she can be messy!!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
my hubby says hes got a fear of poo so he%26039;ll assist with those by handing me wipes but wont do them himself....hes okay with pee diapers. How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband has changed my daughters wet diaper maybe 3 times. he wont change a poopy one. Men sometimes suck. lolHow is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
Hey, my partner had never had ANY experience with babies until we had our daughter.

We were young too so everything was just that bit scarier!!

I ended up having a c-section so i didnt change he diaper for about 3 days. He did everything, changed her, bathed her, dressed her... i couldnt believe it!

Your b.f will most likely just adapt to it with no problem. He wont even be bothered about them when you have a new baby to hold :)

Until they get a little older then most likely he will whimp out.



It funny you ask this because the just the other day i was getting some housework done and he was taking care of her for a while.

I walked downstairs and my daughter had an explosive B.M...It was all up her back.... down her legs..it was really bad! My b.f asked me to grab her for a second while he ran upstairs..he come back down with a pair of scissors..i was a little confused but let him get on with cleaning her.

Then to my horror he got the scissors and brought them up to her vest...I shouted at him and took her away. He explained that he didnt want to have her covered in poop so he had decided to cut the vest off her instead!!

So however good they may be with babies they will always have that missing common sense that us women have :D



Good luck %26amp; congrats!How is your husband/boyfriend with diaper changes?
My husband taught ME how to use cloth diapers, so I guess he%26039;s an anomaly, and I%26039;m pretty lucky.



My brother in law has also always been good about changing diapers.



From some of my friends, I have learned that if you don%26039;t want it to be an issue, don%26039;t let it be an issue. It%26039;s kind of like ensuring that your kid%26039;s not a picky eater: you don%26039;t let people say thinks like %26quot;eew, that food is gross%26quot;... don%26039;t let your partner cop out... if a diaper needs changing, expect him to do it (show him how to do it, if he%26039;s unsure)... don%26039;t make a big deal out of it when he does it -- he%26039;s doing his JOB as a parent, not doing you or the kid some big favour.



Talk with him about your expectations (and his, of course) BEFORE the baby is born -- be clear, and make sure you%26039;re listening to each other -- but make sure he knows that he%26039;s expected to change his share of diapers -- gross or not. I mean, come on, some of the things that babies do to diapers are seriously GROSS. But, they still need to be changed. So, make sure he understands that wimping out isn%26039;t an option.



Good luck :) And to him, too... :)