Thursday, June 2, 2011

Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?

Ok so I am having a baby boy in about 8 weeks, and I honestly have no idea how to clean or change a baby boys tushie lol. I have changed little girls diapers and obviously know how to clean a lady part since I am a lady... but I have no idea for a boy! With a girl you can put vaseline and cream etc and baby powder... what do you do with a boy? I know how to like clean persay but do you also put vaseline or baby powder or anything like that? And when changing a boys diaper do you always put a baby wipe over him so he doesn't pee on you? I know it's a stupid question but I honestly don't know, and my fiance has never changed diapers before so he's probably clueless too, does the hospital show you, or will they think you're dumb for even asking..!Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
I do not use the wipe over the pee pee thing. But I do change him fast so as to avoid an accident.

The things you put is a personal preference. I do not like powder at all... so I would not use it. I usually use petroleum jelly at each diaper change... but it is up to you.

Also when you are wiping a boy - especially the poop - you have to remember to always wipe underneath his scrotum. The poop tends to gather there and if you do not purposely wipe there, it can remain in the crease there.



ETA: One more thing, face the pee pee down. If it faces up then when he pees it will come out of the diaper.Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
I didn't ether until I had my son.



I don't know if you are going to have your son circumcised or not if you do you must put the ointment and change the dressings after each change. if he is wet just wipe his bottom, now if its number 2 just clean around his package and underneath and clean around the penis. you shouldn't use baby powder it can bother there breathing. now when u change him and u are worried about being peed on just put a diaper wipe on his guy. you will do fine they will show y at the hospital.Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
No need for all the vaseline, diaper cream, or powder. Just wipe him with a wipe and put a diaper back on. I never really did the baby wipe over the penis thing. I will admit I did get peed on a few times but once you get the speed down then it's pretty easy to finish before he has the chance to pee again!Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
Don't worry about asking the nurses at your hospital for any advice you may need. I was clueless about what to do before we had our son - I did the baby wipe thing mostly and that worked.. but sometimes you're too tired to remember and end up getting peed on. It happens. You clean their behinds in the same way.



Congrats on your little boy on the way!Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
my son never peed on me but he peed on hiimself a lot. There's no special trick. If you're not having him cir'd then there is no care. Just wipe like a finger, the foreskin does not need to be pulled back since it is fuse at birth. Pretty simple really.Changing a baby boys diaper?! Never done it before...?
Well first off you dont have to put all that crap on any baby. ONly usually at night you CAN you dont HAVE to put powder on them and only when they have diaper rash or sho signs of getting it do you need to put it on there.



With boys. usually they pee on you when you change them so I would put a wipe over his wee wee when he has a poopy one. Then when he has a wet one just wipe him down and get the next diaper on quick to avoid accident lol



Its so simple no worries. Just wipe it down and around it and make sure you got it all. If he is getting circumsized be gentle. if you arent getting that done then you will need to pull the shaft down and clean it out and such and make sure it stays clean that way it doesnt lead to infection but

Other than that its simple. you wont know how well you will do till you chance his diaper.



Best of luck and congrats