Thursday, June 2, 2011

After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?

My son was just circumsized today, but when we were at the doctors I forgot to ask what I do when I change his diaper. Do I wipe with a baby wipe as normal? He gave me bacitracin to apply to the penis after he's cleaned, but my baby was crying when he was explaining everything and it was hard for me to focus as I was trying to comfort my son. What do I to change his diaper and keep him clean without hurting his pee pee?After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
i used a warm wash cloth with no soap on my son. make sure to clean well and use the ointment or vasoline after cleaning. if you have concerns call your dr/nurseAfter a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
wipe it with a damp cloth, put the medicine on, I even put a little piece of guaze over the tip to keep the diaper from rubbing on it. I didn't use wipes until it was healed becuase some of them have perfumes and stuff in them. just water and a towel will be fine.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
I'm not exactly sure of how you would, but a good tip someone told me is to put some Vaseline (not a lot, just a thin layer) inside the diaper in the front to keep his %26quot;pee pee%26quot; from sticking to the diaper because he will have some blood and when it dries you don't want his pee pee to stick to the diaper. Hope this helps a little bit. Good luck.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
wipe gently, put the med on, in a day or two he will be fine.Make sure the wipes are really moist, the wetter they are the better, I used to add water to my wipe containers as soon as I opened them. A nurse gave me that advice when my first child was born and its a bit of advice I always give to new Moms.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
The doctor at the hospital gave me vaseline and just said to gently wipe around the tip of the penis and wipe the rest of the area like normal, then to put the vaseline on the tip of his penis until the redness went away. You can call your doctor and ask if you want a professional opinion.



Good Luck!After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
The hospital just told us to use that squirt bottle of water to rinse it every time I changed his diaper. I am not sure how to handle the bathing part since we had his done at first and the first week or so was just sponge baths. It should heal within a week to 2 weeks.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
I must be a lazy mom. All that I did was make sure all the poop was off of it and then I would gob the Vaseline on. I never wiped him with a wash cloth unless it was bath time, I just used unscented wipes when I would change his diaper. Most moms are tired from the baby waking up every hour and they just want an easy method. This is the way that my doctor told me to care for it too.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
Please pull the skin of the penis back away from the circumcision area at each changing- or it will reattach itself.



I used a wet washcloth to clean him up with, added vaseline and a piece of guaze- and then diapered him.



Just make sure you pull that skin back or it can become reattached.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
I used non-perfumed hyp-allergic wipes on my son. After I wiped it I used the bacitracin that the doctor gave me and but a gauze over the tip of his penis. Don't worry about hurting him, he's going to be sore for a little while.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
We got like 3 tubes of the WalMart brand of antibiotic ointment and when i changed his diaper I used a wet wash cloth and gently cleaned it and made sure to pull the skin back away so it wouldn't reattach. Before we put the diaper back on we made an ice cream cone on his penis. That made sure his penis was covered and there was enough on the diaper to keep it from rubbing. I forgot to pull the skin back one time and it stuck and bled when I pulled it back the next time. Thank God I had a girl this time around. Good luck! It should be healed within 10 days.After a circumsizion, how do I change his diaper?
When my son was circumsized, we were told to just clean him as we normally would, just be gentle with the genital. I too was given an anti-bacterial to apply which I did just before closing the diaper.



We never had any problems, when my son was healed the little plastic ring came off just as the doctor said it would and there was never any trouble at all.



Just be careful when you clean him, and just be gentle, and everything will be okay,



Good luck.