Thursday, June 2, 2011

He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?

Our son is 10 months old, the whole time he has been alive it has been myself and my mother-in-law changing diapers, but once in a blue moon my husband will change a wet diaper.



When it comes to the poop ones he refuses, he makes me do it and i feel like i'm the one doing all the parenting We are both unemployed so we are both home, i am the one who cooks,cleans,feeds the baby,plays with him,gives him a bath besides for when grandma wants to,puts him to bed and wakes up every night to take care of him when he wakes up at night.



So you can imagine how he makes me So mad. Sometimes i feel like leaving him but i can't because i'm stuck with no job, a lease that runs out in april, and no car, the car we have now is in his name. All my family is in Oregon and we live in Pennsylvania.



I love him and all but he really pisses me off.



Do you go through this? How do you get your babies dad or step dad to do stuff?He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
Most of the women I talk to do change the majority of the diapers. I doubt he is trying to be mean, just being a man. My husband is the same way. He does lots of other stuff though, just doesn't change most of the diapers.He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
All I can say is your husband sounds like a lazy selfish good for nothing...you shouldn麓t have to %26quot;make%26quot; him help out with the baby he should want to do it.... If it was me I would have left him a long time ago...I麓d ask my family to buy a plane ticket for myself and the baby and go stay with them.He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
Most men though they love their child they don't want to chang diapers. If its that much of a problem ask him. He could be suffering from a form of male PPD,he loves you and the baby but doesn't feel connected yet with him. It happens, it could be the simple fact of males like to think of them selves as the providers and as you stated you are both out of work. Sit down and talk with him, don't get angry because you down know what he is feeling but see whats going on with him. let him tell you everything, and then you tell him how you feel.He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
My husband doesn't really do the poopy diapers. We have two kids and a third on the way and he will change the wet diapers but he does everything possible not to change the poopy ones. I don't think that he does it to be mean it will literally make him throw up in our case. But he does loads of other stuff around the house. Heck I haven't had to clean a toilet in eight years so I am good with that the toilet will always be there the diapers won't. hehee so who really lost in that arrangement. As long as he is doing something to help out around the house then I don't see the problem if not talk to him. When you are both in a good mood about helping out some more. He may just not realize how you feel men aren't real good at subtlety.He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
Maybe it's time to have a discussion--the first of many--about sharing parenting. No anger, no confrontation, just a civilized discussion about a fair and more equal share of the many responsibilities of being a parent and of running a household.



Some people, men and women both, are so grossed out by a dirty diaper that they feel sick. Others just prefer not to deal with them. If he's in the first group, then maybe he can be excused--in exchange for taking on some other unpleasant task.



Make a list of all the jobs that have to be done. You and your man need to work out a system in which nobody is the one person responsible and the other one is merely helping, not if you're both home. You two divide up the jobs as fairly as you can, and agree to meet again to discuss how it went and how you can both improve the system.



Otherwise, you're headed for being a household drudge indefinitely.He makes me SO mad, Why wont he change diapers?
oh yeah I go through this! our son is 3 months old %26amp; my boyfriend has changed 4 diapers (none poopy), no baths, never gets up. however he does work %26amp; feeds him once a week maybe (usually with a fuss). sit down %26amp; talk to him. talk to your mil %26amp; have her mention things to him. Maybe scare him into helping!